This policy applies to personal information we hold about individuals, sole traders and partnerships.
It's important to us that you can feel confident that your personal information is safe and being looked after. We appreciate the trust you place in us and in return we respect our customers’ privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
Here we’ll set out clearly how we collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
By becoming a STARLINE GROUP (FROME) LTD &/or BERRIDGE OFFICE SERVICES LTD customer you agree to the collection, use, disclosure and management of your personal information as set out in this policy and your terms and conditions of supply. This is in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may amend this policy from time to time, so we recommend that you review it every so often to ensure that you're aware of any changes.
This policy was last updated on: 16 May 2018
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect certain personal information from you when you;
- enter into a contract with us;
- use our products and services;
- when you register to use our website through an online account and when you log in to use that account;
- contact us or our service providers directly for any reason, including enquiring about or purchasing our products and services, requesting further information, seeking assistance or reporting a problem with your account or our website;
- when you subscribe to receive our alerts and newsletters, participate in our promotions and competitions, and filling in forms and applications.
Why do we need your personal data?
We need to collect and use your personal information to:
- provide you with the products and services you have requested from us;
- respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance;
- verify your identity when you register for our website or products and services, log into our website or contact us in relation to your account;
- provide you with personalised products and services;
- provide you with personalised content on our website and the websites of our service providers and business partners;
- tell you about changes to our products and services;
- obtain your feedback about our products, services or websites;
- comply with our legal and contractual obligations;
- help prevent and detect fraud, including theft and loss.
What personal information do we collect?
When you enter into a contract with us we will collect;
- your name and contact details including your home address, contact telephone number and email address
- your bank account or payment details
We may also collect personal information to enable us to;
- verify your identity
- conduct a credit check, including previous address history
- your new address or a copy of your tenancy agreement, should you move
- documentation to close or transfer an account in the case of bereavement such as death certificate, solicitor’s correspondence, wills or probate documents.
When we might need to share your information
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties, this includes:
our service providers so that they can provide or assist us with providing our products and services, or provide you with products or services that you have requested directly from them;
- credit reference agencies and third-party debt collection agencies;
- third parties where you have requested information, products or services from them;
- our legal representatives or other concerned parties in circumstances where we reasonably believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised, or required by law to do so.
How long do we keep this information?
- the minimum regulatory retention requirements
- the statutory retention periods for accounting records, as set by the Companies Act and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
- the retention periods set by the TRAS Fraud Prevention Agency
Where our retention periods are not governed by legislation, our retention policy is based on commercial justifications. These include:
- To comply with our Supplier Licence Conditions
- To enable us to provide you with our products and services
- To allow us to resolve any disputes or complaints
- For the detection and prevention of fraud
Where is my personal data stored?
STARLINE GROUP (FROME) LTD & BERRIDGE OFFICE SERVICES LTD are based in the EEA, we will only process your personal information inside of the EEA through our outsource data processes.
When we disclose your information to our service providers located in the EEA, we endeavour to ensure your personal information is treated in accordance with the standards required by the GDPR. This may include;
- Sending information to countries deemed as having adequate protection by the EU
- Entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with our suppliers
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we collect. We do our very best to ensure the security of personal information held by us to protect your information from unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Access to personal information is restricted to authorised employees, contractors, agents and service providers, who are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We regularly review and update our security measures considering current technologies.
Do we use and disclose your personal information for marketing purposes?
When you enter into a contract with us or obtain a service or product we will always give you the opportunity to tell us if you wish to receive information about our other products and services.
If you have agreed, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with STARLINE GROUP (FROME) LTD & BERRIDGE OFFICE SERVICES LTD group companies and business partners, service providers so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with any products or services that you have requested.
If we contact you for marketing purposes, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information is not used for direct marketing by us in the future.
If you change your mind at any time and prefer not to hear from us about marketing, special offers or promotions, please let us know by getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 01985212288 or email email@example.com
How can you access or correct your personal information and credit reporting information, or make a privacy or Data Protection complaint?
You have the right to ask for access to, correction of or erasure of personal information that we hold about you. However, we may limit your access if it would disclose personal information about another person, or where it would disclose commercially sensitive information. You also have the right to make a complaint if you believe that we have not complied with privacy laws in relation to your information.
To obtain access, correct your information, request an erasure, make a complaint or enquire about your rights, please contact us in writing using the contact details below. We will acknowledge any complaints in writing as soon as we can and respond to any complaints or enquiries within 30 days. If you are also dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner office.
For personal information enquiries:
Starline Group (Frome) Ltd
38b Market Place
Berridge Office Services Ltd
38b Market Place